Are You Waiting To Be Happy
Live in the now. We hear that often, don't we? But does it really resonate and mean something to you?
Recently a friend of mine passed away. He was younger than me and it was unexpected. The shock of this loss really brought home to me that I need to do what it takes to live wholeheartedly now.
"No time to be void, or save up on life, you got to spend it all." (Pearl Jam)
For me this means setting a daily goal to be happy and allowing it to be so; appreciating the good that's in my life in the here and now; and not waiting for some unknown future date, event or circumstance in order to be happy. I intend to eliminate the thinking of "I'll be happy when I have/be/do... "
I will continue to set goals and intentions to achieve what is important to me. However I will also be more mindful to allow myself to be happy right now. After all, life is just a series of nows. So there is no better time than now to start living life wholeheartedly!
A few questions to consider if you'd like to live fully now:
- What does living in the now mean to you?
- What do you need to do to live fully now?
- What are you waiting for?
- What are you grateful for?
- What do you need to let go of in order to embrace now?
- Are you allowing yourself to be as happy as you can right now? If not, change it!
3 Top Tips to live more fully in the now:
- Be grateful: Notice what you are grateful for regularly. You could write a daily gratitude log to capture this.
- Savour life: Take a moment to savour the good things in life, such as eating a delicious meal, relishing time with loved ones or appreciating a beautiful view.
- Don't save things for best. Use them now! Use those lovely smellies you got for Christmas. Wear that special underwear. Use the posh dinner plates. What are you waiting for? Life is now!
If this post resonates with you, let's talk: https://hazeladdleycoaching.com/clarity-consultation.html
Wishing you great happiness now!