Spring Clean Your Life to Make Space for the New
Coaching is about creating change in one form or another. When you introduce something new into your life, something else needs to give in order to make space for this new thing.
One of the ways that you may be stopping yourself from having what you want is by not enabling enough room for that new thing to manifest. So if you desire to be, do or have something different, you may benefit from deliberately creating the space for it in advance.
You do this by clearing out the cluttered areas of your life. This could, for example, be something in your physical environment, your diary or calendar, your inbox or your finances.
Questions to identify where you would benefit from decluttering:
- What areas of your home or office do you keep stuffing things into and never get around to sorting out?
- What clothes do you still have that you feel unattractive wearing?
- What direct debits do you keep paying even though you no longer use or require the service it relates to?
- What ways do you spend your time that no longer serves you?
- Do you sometimes find you are busy being busy? What unhelpful habits would you benefit from clearing out?
- What space do you need in order to be ready for more of what you want?
5 Top Tips to Tackle Decluttering:
- Set a timer for 5, 10 or 45 minute bursts and blitz it until the timer goes off.
- Have a rule that when something comes into the house, if you don’t want to keep it, throw it away straight away.
- Set your keeping criteria. For example, only keep things that are beautiful, useful or have sentimental value.
- Have a rule where if you have not touched something, thought about or needed it for a specific time frame, then it goes.
- Plan what you will do with the things you want to get rid of, such as selling, donating, or throwing away, and then do it!
“As the house is cleaned, so the mind can be cleaned. As you enjoy a clean house, you will enjoy a clean and uncluttered mind.”
If this post speaks to you, let's talk: https://hazeladdleycoaching.com/clarity-consultation.html.
Happy spring cleaning!